IT Security Administrator
Thycotic, a global leader in IT security, is the fastest growing provider of Privileged Account Management solutions that protect an organization’s most valuable assets from cyber-attacks and insider threats. Thycotic’s award winning cyber-security solutions minimize privileged credential risk, limit user privileges, and control applications on endpoints and servers.
- We have over 7,500 customers worldwide ranging from small IT shops to Fortune 5 companies.
- Rated #1 in customer satisfaction, achieving a 99% customer satisfaction rating year-over-year
- Among Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies with 247% annual growth over the past 3 years
Our growing technology company seeks an experienced IT security professional to join our elite team of dedicated individuals. We are looking for a self-motivated, detailed, mid-level Security Administrator. In this position, you will be responsible for managing many of the IT-related security tasks, projects, issues, and enhancements within our company. This can include developing systems and policies, implementation of systems and procedures to secure company data, and responding to inquiries about our security policies. A well-rounded individual is critical for this position. This position reports to the Cloud Infrastructure Engineer.
- Help develop official guidelines for securing information and communication
- Help defend systems against unauthorized access, modification, and/or destruction
- Perform vulnerability and networking scanning assessments
- Monitor network traffic for unusual activity
- Configure and support security tools such as firewalls, anti-virus software, patch management systems, etc.
- Implement network security policies, application security, access control and corporate data safeguards
- Ensure and maintain best practices for RBAC in a variety of on-prem and cloud applications
- Analyze and establish security requirements for our networks
- Develop and update business continuity and disaster recovery protocols
- Conduct internal security audits and make policy recommendations
- Work with RFP response teams for inquires dealing with company security
- Primary point of contact and lead for security audits which include SOC2
- Provide technical security advice and train fellow employees in security awareness and procedures
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 2+ years of applicable experience in a security administrator role.
- Associate (2-year) degree, Bachelor (4-year) degree preferred in the field of CS or IT with an emphasis on security
- Knowledge of information security standards (e.g., ISO 27002, etc.), rules and regulations related to information security and data confidentiality (e.g., PCI) and desktop, server, application, database, network security principles for risk identification and analysis
- Hands-on hardware/software/network troubleshooting
- Understanding different backup and disaster recovery approaches
- Familiarity with NAS devices, routers, switches, VLANs, VoIP, Dell/Lenovo workstations and Dell Servers
- Microsoft product knowledge including, Windows Server 2008-2012, Windows 10, Exchange, Sharepoint, Office365, Group Policy, Active Directory, WSUS, OS Deployment
- Knowledge of common protocols such as SNMP, HTTP, HTTPS, SMTP, NTP, LDAP, FTP, SSH
- Knowledge of security audit process, SOC2
- Desired certifications: Security+, CCNA, CISM or similar
- Previous experience with Thycotic Secret Server is a plus
Thycotic is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Upon conditional offer of employment, candidates are required to complete a criminal background check and drug screen per Thycotic employment policy.