Thycotic is a global leader in IT security, is the fastest growing provider of Privilege Management solutions that protect an organization’s most valuable assets from cyber-attacks and insider threats. Thycotic’s award winning Privilege Management Security solutions minimize privileged credential risk, limit user privileges, and control applications on endpoints and servers.
- We have over 3,500 customers worldwide ranging from small IT shops to Fortune 5 companies.
- Rated #1 in customer satisfaction, achieving a 99% customer satisfaction rating year-over-year
- Among Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies with 247% annual growth over the past 3 years
As a technical writer, your primary objective is to communicate highly complex, technical information about our products and solutions to a variety of external and internal stakeholders. A central responsibility is to craft, maintain, and update our client-facing documentation, including user / installation guides, Application Programming Interface (API) guides, and other material, while ensuring accuracy, clarity, and consistency.
Technical writers are a bridge between our Clients and our Engineering, QA, Support, and Sales Engineering teams. You will work very closely with our teams to understand all aspects of our product suite and our API, with a heavy focus on capturing how product features impact end user experience. As a principal member of our Agile / Scrum teams, you will also work with our Product Management staff to help ensure clarity and consistency of user stories and backlog items.
- Maintain, edit, and update existing product and API documentation with a close attention to detail, consistency, and clarity.
- Work with the Engineering and QA teams to test and document new product features while ensuring clarity of user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Work with our Support teams to proactively address client support challenges through creation and revision of end-user documentation and oversee Support created Knowledge Base articles (for consistency).
- Maintain a local working installation of the products for screenshots and testing
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- B.A. Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ Years as a Technical Writer, or in a similar technical role (Product Owner, Scrum Master, Developer) within a startup or other established company.
- Self-starter, with a proven track record for creativity and initiative, with first-rate written and verbal communication skills with an extraordinary attention to detail.
- Understanding of Windows Operating Systems, Active Directory Environments, Enterprise Information Systems, and concepts related to information security, identity and access management, and encryption.
- Proven ability to prioritize multiple projects and work streams in a fast-paced environment.Proven ability to effectively engage and work with Sales, Project Managers, Technical Support, Engineering, and other teams within an organization committed to client success.
- Deep understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies.